- A commenter on the dear, departed Elizabeth Taylor brings up her body size later in life. The woman is dead, can you please allow her to escape from this crap? Also, she was older. Weight for a percentage of women is a consequence of age, itâ€™s natural, not societal, so just leave it be.
- In a Stating the Obvious update, the National Post brings more awareness that plus-size women want stylish clothing and canâ€™t find it in their size.
- Marie Claire UK also takes note of the need for more plus size clothing, citing rising obesity, rather than the reality that most women have always been outside the sizing range actually offered by designers. The Daily Mail notes that those plus size sales are â€œbooming.â€
- A profile of a Dress for Success nonprofit branch mentions the continued need for plus-size clothing.
- Oxford University staged a debate over size zero versus plus size models. I work in this field, and this seems reallyâ€¦unworthy of Oxford.
- AlterNet has run an editorial on the body-positive movement.
- The Guardian has an interview: In Bed with Beth Ditto.
- In an interview with fashion designer Kay Unger, she discusses her plus size clothing line.
- Jessie Lee Byrne, on Beauty and the Geek, signed on as a plus size model â€“ apparently after her show partner proposed to her.
- Crystal Renn has scored her first Vogue cover. Itâ€™s too bad Vogue sucks. :(
- A new plus-size retailer has opened up in Port, Canada â€“ Satin Woods.
- Igigi won About.comâ€™s Readerâ€™s Choice for
best plus fashion retailer.
Business of Plus
- Hot Topic, Inc. has a new CEO: Lisa Harper.
- AlwaysforMe announced a
10% increase in salesfrom 2009 to 2010.
- Shares of Charming Shoppes are trading lower these days.
- The already-international RedCats has plans to expand territory in 2011.
- Myer brand is rolling out expanded-size clothing lines.
- Lots of attention is going to major growth in
well-known UK plus size clothing brands.
- Another feature on Veldhoven Finals in the Miss Plus Size Election.
- Lingerie producer Duloren now
produces plus size options.