- The big news is the 3 â€œplus sizeâ€ models on the Vogue Italia cover. Gorgeous, they are. Representative of plus size women â€“ or even women in the average (not fat) range of sizes 12-14, they arenâ€™t.
- Thereâ€™s also a wedding announcement for plus size model Elisa Dâ€™Ospina floating around. Weddings bore me, especially those of strangers.
- Iâ€™m starting to think that Christina Hendricks is to the UK what Jerry Lewis and Daria are to France.
- An update of the Greek tale Lysistrata, Lysistrata Jones, features a one-woman Greek chorus in the form of a fabulous plus size actress.
- The Sydney Morning Herald examines the changing views on body size among models.
- Wal-Mart, in an attempt to regain profits, is putting
plus size clothing back on the shelves.Evidently they took a bunch off for awhile there. What has been there is the new, improved JMS line. Iâ€™m repeatedly pleasantly surprised at how good itâ€™s been. This â€œputting it backâ€ may signal the return of familiar Wal-Mart brands like Faded Glory.
- Ulla Popkenâ€™s Facebook page has transformed into a retail outlet for them.
- UKâ€™s News of the World has a writeup â€“ and nude picÂ (SFW)Â – of plus size model
- Thereâ€™s a new trend toward clothing for plus size children. Despite the complexes fat kids give their parents â€“ and I know this from being one of those fat kids â€“ itâ€™s preferable to forcing them to run around naked. Iâ€™m also going to put this out there: while adults may or may not be fat due to personal choice, this is absolutely not true of a child, ever. So if youâ€™re shaming your under 18 kid for being fat- 1)STOP. Thatâ€™s abusive parenting, and for something over which the child has no control. 2)Youâ€™re creating an eating disorder when, by being supportive you could just ride out the metabolic blip or you know, love the child youâ€™ve been given and 3)Even the FDA says that fat-shaming does nothing to make kids thinner, and in fact often makes what might be a temporary problem permanent. Youâ€™ve been loaned a child to raise until adulthood. Try to keep your personal crazy off the kid. If youâ€™re Meme Roth, get treatment.
- California-based designer Jill Alexander will be
showing her plus size stylesin New York.
- Edinburgh College of Art has brought in plus size mannequins for their students to work from. Thisâ€¦ now this will result in real fashion progress.