- Evanâ€™s is launching a USA site â€“ Evansusa.com.
- Plus size style blogger Amber McCulloch got a write-up about her life in Chicago and her call to blog.
- Penningtonâ€™s is collecting gently used winter coats in Halton, Ontario for the Compassion Society.Â â€œThe coats are being collected from Nov. 11 to Dec. 23 at local Penningtons outlets at 3500 Fairview St. and 4515 Dundas St.â€
- 100percentpeople has launched a plus-size fashion awards.
- Montreal Gazette profiles the
changes in plus-size fashion and design.
- For crafters and creative: Fatty Unbound blogger is starting a zine called â€œMake It Work.â€ If youâ€™d like to submit instructions, illustrations, or other related goodies, take a click on the link.
- Many bloggers have had comments â€“ and curse words â€“ at NPRâ€™s series Living Large: Obesity in America. Fat Grrl has some interesting insight into the cost of obesity in the workplace â€“ especially since NPR really does drop the ball on asking how employers and insurers come up with those statistics.Â I donâ€™t believe that anti-fat is the â€œlast acceptable prejudice,â€ just because there are plenty of others floating around. I do think that given the complicated nature of the human body, we are doing ourselves a serious disservice by not being absolutely scrupulous about what we know and what we donâ€™t about weightâ€™s relationship to health.
- NSFW: Feministing features a series of womenâ€™s film challenges, and has started with films on the body positive.
- El Tiempo explores the fatshionista phenomenon.
- Brazilâ€™s Plus Size Fashion Weekends are set in 2012 and 2013.
- In the Philippines, Jus Ur Size named Jenna Pertgen the winner of their plus-size model search.
Oh, and it’s my birthday. I’m old enough to shop for retinol cream, and I probably should have been doing it for the last ten years.