- I encourage you to speak for yourselves on this one. “WHAT have rapper P Diddy and Italian snapper – Raphael Muzzocco got in common? No? Well I’ll tell you. They both worship womens’ bums like fat kids crave cake.” I personally am looking at this as an example of an Internet troll with media presence. Also, perhaps individual fat kids crave cake. To the author of this gem: Cake craving is in fact not a specific medical condition and BMI is not a factor in food preference. Jackass.
- Because last week was the “bite me” week for plus-size fashion, an ABC affiliate posted about how winter is great for plus-size women because it’s “easier to hide those flaws.” For those not familiar with the body positive movement, this is the 21st century version “but you have SUCH a pretty face!” and equally bird-flip worthy. Subjecting women to such backhanded help is actually an obstacle to making the changes a person wants to make – and being at peace as-is is a legitimate and significant change that’s pretty tough to achieve.
- Australian model Penny Benson believes that the plus-size debate is essentially the fashion industry
attempting to stallon offering plus sizes.
- Alternet asks if the truth about Photoshopped magazine photos should be revealed – well, really, it’s common knowledge, so the real question is why do we still try to be like images edited to lie to us?
- The President of Fashion Bug stands to get $375K from the sale of the chain. The New York Post saw fit to write a teeth-grindingly awful writeup of this very thing.
- The Miami Marlins have fired there male plus-size cheer team.
- Ottawa now has a U-Plus store on Ottawa street.
- Del Lago boutique in Big Bear Lake, California has added plus sizes to their own offerings.
- In the UK, Yours Clothing has a
- Harlem startup Curvy Girlz Lingerie is getting the capital for a launch.
Sign up for Fat Chic Sales Roundup! A twice monthly email will circulate sales, coupons and discounts from Fat Chic affiliates. Includes Igigi, Lane Bryant, and more!