- I donâ€™t know why itâ€™s news now that Kaela Humphries scored a modeling contract as a plus-size model. I could swear I covered this already months agoâ€¦
- For your amusement: a collection of Karl Lagerfieldâ€™s most ridiculous comments.
- Huffington Post runs an essay: why body types should never be â€œfads.â€
- The Belfast Telegraph reports on the trend in London towards slightly larger models.
- English-language (?) magazine Wave.np speaks to Nepalese women about what they consider beautiful in themselves. Iâ€™ve yet to meet a person from Nepal who is anything other than lovely inside and out. Of course, I havenâ€™t met the ones out waging civil wars yet. Probably would be a very different experience than what Iâ€™ve had.
- French Cosmo has a plus-size model/normal size woman on their cover.
- Ananda Marchildon just won a lawsuit against Elite modeling agency when they dropped her for too large a hip size. Yes, asking for bone shavings is an unreasonable request.
Business of Plus
- Seven â€˜til Midnight has announced it will expand distribution into Spain.
- Fashion United interviews Cecile Renaud of Seraphine, who has noticed high demand for plus size clothing in the UK and the US.
- FB Distro (the company that warehouses for Charming Shoppes) is opening up a distribution center in Brazil, Indiana.
- La Stampa.it announces â€œCurvy women, this is your time.â€
- Indonesian news source Republika is reporting on the prevalence of anorexia among models.
- Style.it asks: â€œHave you ever asked â€œplus compared to what?â€
- It Giornal di Vicenza.it has an interview with plus-size model Elisa Dâ€™ospina.
If youâ€™re looking for sales, period giveaways and other goodies, sign up for the Fat Chic Sales Roundup.