This is a collection of health news and related links for plus-size women. Please bear in mind that many, even most of such studies are the following
1)Funded by corporations that make a great deal of money from the diet industry. 2)Inconclusive. 3)Find correlation, yes, but not causation. A triangle may be prone to cancer, but a square also being a geometric shape does NOT mean it is also prone to cancer. 4)Exaggerated and panic-inducing. The “obesity epidemic” exists in part because people never previously considered “obese” have been re-classified under an arbitrary definition of “fat.”
For more insight and understanding into this, please read Junkfood Science from the beginning.
- Exercise may ease cigarette addiction. Speaking of, a study of Danish men suggests that 30 minutes a day will help you lose just as much weight as 60 minutes of exercise a day. That’s a reversal of a study last year suggesting adults need up to an hour a day.
- The poor in the US are both more likely to be obese, and if obese, are more likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes. We already know this. Go figure out why.
- People are getting fatter as they’re playing with their tech toys more. Yeah, hate to say it, but pretty much true.
- More diagnosed as obese children are experiencing gall stones.
- Those of normal weight but who have belly fat are more likely to die from heart disease.
- A study in Norway has found a link between teens that perceive themselves as fat and becoming overweight in adulthood. Problematic, but within the range of possibility.