- Check out Marie Denee’s profile in the Wall Street Journal!
- Rebel Wilson also got a write-up for her considerable comic gift.
- Robin Lawley comments on the recent scrutiny of Lady Gaga’s body.
- Lady Gaga has started a campaign called Body Revolution 2013 in order to help women with eating disorders.
- Plus size focused fashion magazine SLiNK has released an edition with a 3D cover.
- The Calgary Herald blog wants to know how women in Calgary feel about their plus-size shopping options.
- Adele is on record that she’s not worried about her weight. Seriously, she’s busy growing life right now, do you need to ask her that crap right now?
- Pittsburgh Jeans Company went live this week – they offer women’s jeans sizes up to a 24. It looks like a size 24 = 48 in waist US.
- Someone was stupid on the Internet. This time about female runners, saying that women with y’know, bodies unlike that of the poster, should not run. This is of course, stupid. Run if you want. You can flop things in this woman’s direction for even further satisfaction to your runner’s high.
Business of Plus
- Supposedly plus size clothing is heavier to ship, which is why bidders are hesitant to snap up OneStopPlus despite its extreme financial viability. Also, welcome to the world of contempt for the customer:
“One bidder said the most profitable customers for OneStopPlus are those who wear “humongous-size” clothes rather than the “large-size” clothes available at chains like Walmart. “ This did not in any way suggest said customer is unprofitable. Later, though, it seems like the same person stated that for those “humongous size” people, shipping would be a non-issue since they can’t go out to stores anyway.
- Check out this profile of plus-size entreupreneur Juanita Kelly.