- “Body image may be the western world’s ugliest import.”
- Cara Alwill Leyba calls for us to stop the wars of “skinny versus curvy.”
- Grace Coddington herself says that people dressing to imitate celebrities is dying out as a trend.
- Some Reddit users are offended by plus-size mannequins. It’s Reddit – not really a bastion of progressive or even necessarily rational thought over there.
Business of Plus
- There are talks of selling OneStopPlus to CharlesBank for between 400 and 500 million.
- J. Crew is setting up shop in the UK, plus sizes and all.
- ASOS is still rocking internet clothing retail – and they have a secondhand section, too. Although I don’t see a lot of plus sizes available in the boutiques.
Plus Size beyond the English speaking world
- Check out this interview with Greek designer Mary Katrantzou. Best subtitled “What’s a smart girl like you doing in a place like fashion?”
- Read this great profile of Fluvia Lacerda.