Cropped trousers differ from capris in the following ways:
- they may NOT be made of denim.
- there is none of this “flare” bullshit. Those are gauchos, culottes, or skorts.
- most would look better with a narrow belt
- in most jobs, they can pass for business casual (NOT DENIM.)
- they tend to be fitted all the way to the calf, but never “tight.”
- often they appear in plaids, tweeds, and other things that might make you think vaguely of losing a bet on a golf course.
- you should not, under any circumstance, be able to picture yourself in a Beach Blanket Bingo movie while wearing them.
Summer pants present a challenge: short shorts are just not my thing. Neither is melting down, as I nearly did the summer I could only afford the pair of jeans I bought in May. Now, with a bit more flexibility, I am ever on the hunt for something comfortable but elegant â€“ thus my love for the good old trouser. I can tuck a tank top in it and run around with a certain amount of comfort â€“ ideally I can even get in a few stretches, or hope on a Nice Ride bike.
- Plus size summer weight trousers (fatchic.net)
- If you buy one pair of trousers this season, let them be…. (alwayssaving.com)
- Summer Pants: Capris (fatchic.net)
- Top fashion tips for this summer (newsmessenger.co.uk)
- 28: Quick make Trousers (50thingsinayear.wordpress.com)
Summer pants â€“ the silent battle. Some days a girl just canâ€™t do a skirt or dress, and shorts may not work so well with her sense of self-esteem or general dignity that day. Thus comes the trouser.
Still just a bit formal â€“ office appropriate in summer is still not flip-flop or short-short friendly â€“ but lighter than sweltering denim, and brighter than the heat-catching bottoms shades typical of fall and winter wear.
If you want to do that drapey, Katherine Hepburn effect, the trouser is the way to go.
High waists are back, now that most people have realized that sharing underwear should only happen after explicit consent.Â You do pretty much have to tuck in any shirt you wear with them â€“ otherwise, it really is kind of weird.
You can find more high-waisted pants on Fat Chic clothing search.
Nothing challenges me quite as much as finding a trouser that fits properly. First, my body is not trouser-shaped. I have a belly. Fashion designers donâ€™t like designing pants around bellies, and I canâ€™t blame them, but it still frustrates me. Since we are thankfully past the day where the fatshionista must wear a well-decorated barrel and suspenders, more retailers are providing pants among their vastly improved plus-size clothing options. At this point, itâ€™s just a matter of finding one that works, and making sure that whatever I wear on top is impeccable.
You can find more choices in plus-size trousers on Fat Chic Clothing search.